[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 - CONNECTEDLINE and Asterisk applications

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 04:50:27 CDT 2015

Hello,

I recently gave CONNECTEDLINE function a try on an Asterisk 11 setup with a
couple of SIP phones.

When a SIP phone dials an other one, with a CONNECTEDLINE statement in its
dialplan, I noticed that Asterisk update caller's information using a
Remote-Party-ID header in 180 Ringing message.

For instance:
Alice ----------------> Asterisk ------------------->Bob
------- INVITE ------>
<-----180 Ringing--- (*)
(*) Ringing message includes Remote-Party-ID header with which Asterisk can
update dialed name or number.

Now, I'm trying to let Asterisk update dialed name or number when caller
simply dials an Asterisk application such as VoiceMail ou Playback.

At the moment, I can't get what I'm looking for.

Specifically, I tried with:
        Set(CONNECTEDLINE(name)=Foo);
        Ringing();
        Playback(tt-monkeys);
        HangUp();

As you may guess, I want to have Foo displayed on caller's phone screen.

I can see that 180 Ringing message sent back by Asterisk following
Ringing() statement doesn't hold any Remote-Party-ID header.

What would you suggest ?

Regards