[asterisk-users] adding area code

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Tue Apr 28 13:54:11 CDT 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 07:21:12 -0700
Motty Cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> here is what I did and worked for me:
>
> exten => 1381+NXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=3817383444)
>
> exten => 1+NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/SIP-Provider/${EXTEN:1},80)

I find it hard to believe this is working.

First, you don't have a leading underscore on your patterns.  Your
users aren't literally dialing the N's and X's are they?

Second, what's with the plus in the extension?  You want your users to
dial that?

Third, that's two different extensions, one with priority 1 and one
with priority 2.  The first one will set a variable and hangup, and the
second.... there's no priority 1 for that extension... I've never tried
that... I'm assuming it just won't work.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company