[asterisk-users] Trying to register Softpone in AWS Cloud

Glenn Geller (VDOPh) ggeller at vdo-ph.com
Wed Apr 15 07:35:57 CDT 2015

Hello,

Unless you're directly connected to AWS via a physical cable, or other
direct connect method, you cannot use the internal IP AWS address from the
public Internet.

Either use the existing PUBLIC IP address (shown in the control panel for
the EC2 instance), or assign a new Elastic IP, and point this to the EC2
instance in question.

In order to work with NAT, you will need to modify your conf file with the
external IP address, so Asterisk can send this address in the headers for 2
way audio.

Good luck!

Thanks,

*Glenn Geller*