[asterisk-users] meetme vs confbridge max user comparison wanted

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Apr 14 07:40:35 CDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> I've got some Asterisk 11 (I could 'upgrade' if needed) hosts using meetme
> and I'd like to switch to confbridge to service more callers.
>
> Can anyone reply with their experience along the lines of 'using meetme I
> was only getting x callers per server but with confbridge I now get y
> callers per server?'

Anecdotally, when ConfBridge was first rewritten in Asterisk 10, some
performance comparisons with MeetMe were performed. In the best case,
on a particular system with conference user usage patterns, we saw
MeetMe hit a limit at around 60 channels, and ConfBridge reach over
240 channels. Worst case for ConfBridge was around 140 channels.

Note that the ConfBridge sample rate, mixing interval, and other
parameters can greatly affect how far it scales out.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology