[asterisk-users] OpenVZ with asterisk 13

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Tue Apr 7 10:48:52 CDT 2015

Den 2015-04-07 15:41, Ikka Tirtawidjaja skrev:
> Dear all,
>
> Is anyone has experience making Asterisk server with virtual server
> OPEN-VZ (in proxmox 3.4 box) ?
>
> My boss want to build a production server with it, and it will have +/-
> 300 sip user (concurrent call maybe < 150 call)

As long as you don't overload the server it works great. I've used
OpenVZ to separate Asterisk instances from each other. For my
application (mostly conferencing) I can put ~ 350 concurrent calls on a
single HP Xeon server.

OpenVZ is not really like KVM but more like Solaris containers or BSD
jails. Docker is mostly using the same Kernel api:s that OpenVZ uses,
but OpenVZ also has some cusom stuff.

If you need Dahdi you will need to give the VE's access to these
devices, there are articles out there that explain how this is done.

Good luck!

--
Johan Wilfer