[asterisk-users] PJSIP Sends BYE with Wrong IP

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Thu Apr 2 10:43:57 CDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Trey Hilyard <kctrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I am trying to decide if I have stumbled across a bug in PJSIP or I am
> just missing something. My Asterisk has two interfaces, an "internal" eth0
> and an "external" eth1. In pjsip.conf, I define the following transports:
>
> [trusted]
> type=transport
> protocol=udp
> bind=10.xx.yy.zz:5060
>
> [untrusted]
> type=transport
> protocol=udp
> bind=12.4.aa.bb:5060
>
> My internal endpoints use transport=internal and external endpoints use
> transport=external. I guess that's obvious.
>
> You show transports trusted and untrusted, you don't show any transports
named internal and external... so that is confusing.

> Everything works fine, most of the time. INVITEs, 1XX, 2XX are sent to the
> right interface using the right source IP. But, when Asterisk tries to send
> a BYE to any internal endpoint, it sends using the external IP, but it is
> sent of the correct internal interface eth0. Only the IP layer is
> incorrect. The SIP layer has the correct IP in the Via header. From what I
> can tell, only BYE is affected.
>
> I didn't have this problem with chan_sip. Am I just missing some
> configuration?
>
> This sounds like improper configuration, or a bug.

If you can pastebin a full (sanitized) pjsip.conf as well as an Asterisk
log with verbose turned up[1], plus a SIP packet trace then we can take a
look at it.

[1]: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

--

Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW -