[asterisk-users] Update peer IP address

Daniel Heckl daniel.heckl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 09:03:10 CDT 2015

Ok, I have tested dnsmgr. This is not a solution, the situation has not changed. With dnsmgr I can not place outbound calls. I do not know why and what dnsmgr really do.

My current solution is as follows:

Say allowguest=yes, configure the default context that there can not be placed outbound calls. Use iptables to DROP all at your SIP port and allow only your local phones and the sip trunk ip range. I think srvlookup must be set to yes to place outbound calls if there is an ip address change.

I think with the restriction of the firewall that should be a secure solution.