[asterisk-users] Playback/background audio from MySQL BLOB

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Sep 23 14:17:52 CDT 2014

For some applications, storing recorded audio (prompts and caller
recordings) as a BLOB in MySQL has advantages.

So, once I have the audio in the database, how can I play it?

Creating temporary files seems so tacky.

Is there another way to playback or background audio either by specifying
a URL or from a memory buffer (either C or PHP)?

--
Thanks in advance,