[asterisk-users] how can queue agents choose which call to answer?

Marie Fischer marie at vtl.ee
Tue Sep 23 12:49:10 CDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a solution for the following scenario:

• Asterisk queue
• At peak hours, there will be more callers then queue members/agents, so some callers will spend some time on hold
• Agents should be able to choose which of the on hold calls to answer instead of answering the next one in queue

We already have a web interface where agents can see the callers on hold, so the best solution would be if they could just click a callers number to get his call. But I have not found a way to tell Asterisk to do something to a call on hold in a queue.

Priority queues are not really an option, as the agents will be deciding on the fly which caller is more important.

I am not really sure if queues are the correct solution for this problem. However, we have existing statistics built for queue logs, so it would be really nice if the solution was queue-based.

Thanks for any thoughts,

--

marie