[asterisk-users] ${ANSWEREDTIME} returning null

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 07:08:58 CDT 2014

On Wednesday 17 Sep 2014, Anurag Rana wrote:
> Oh, Sorry My mistake, I misspelled it in mail.
> It is already ${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}, still returning null.
>
> Anurag Rana
> http://newbie42.blogspot.in/

Hmm.  I've looked a bit further.  According to the documentation,
${DIALEDPEERNUMBER} is set by a Dial() command.  If you are using a call file
to generate the call, then there will not be an explicit Dial() command and
the variable will not get assigned.

Could you set a variable in the call file instead?  Use a line like
Set: varname=value
in the call file.  Then, later in the dialplan, you can retrieve ${varname} .
If the call was -not- made by a call file, then that variable won't be set; in
which case, you can pick up on ${DIALEDPEERNUMBER} instead.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .