[asterisk-users] Pattern Extension not working in Dialplan

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 15:54:42 CDT 2014

The first issue I see is you are attempting to insert your pattern match in
the middle of your 's' extension, That's going to break your 's' extension.

The second issue is that you are matching on XX which will match two
digits, You need to match on _X instead if you are attempting to match on
the number 8.

I recommend you look into 'read' instead of trying to do a pattern match.

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Anurag Rana <anuragrana31189 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a dummy dialplan  where I ask the user to enter the age.
>
> [macro-age]
> exten => s,1,Background(my/age)      ;;Play recorded message to enter age
> exten => s,n,WaitExten(10)
> exten => _XX,1,Set(AGE=${EXTEN})    ;; this line is not executing, instead
> dialplan is terminating with error given below.
> exten => s,n,NoOp(${AGE})
> exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${AGE})} > 0]?notEmpty)
> exten => s,n,Goto(s,1)
> exten => s(notEmpty),n,Background(my/thank-you)
> exten => s,n,Wait(1)
>

> When I receive call and tries to enter the digits (86 lets say), it only
> accept just first digit and terminates even before considering second digit.
> Error message :
>  WARNING[5726][C-0000000a]: pbx.c:6696 __ast_pbx_run: Invalid extension
> '8', but no rule 'i' or 'e' in context 'testmacro'
>
> Please suggest what might be wrong.
>

> Anurag Rana
> http://newbie42.blogspot.in/
>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein