[asterisk-users] New to Asterisks, Couple of Questions

Horace Miles Horace.Miles at myit-solutions.com
Fri Sep 5 02:18:43 CDT 2014

Hello everyone, my name is Miles, I am fairly new to asterisk.  I have
recently begun to learn asterisk and I have a couple of questions.

1.        After installing asterisk using the following instructions;

a.  sudo mkdir /usr/src/asterisk && cd /usr/src/asterisk

b.  sudo wget
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/asterisk-1
1.2.1.tar.gz

c.  sudo tar -xvzf asterisk-11.2.1.tar.gz

d.  cd ./asterisk-11.2.1

e.  sudo make clean

f.  sudo ./configure

g.  sudo make

h.  sudo make install

i.  sudo make samples

j.  sudo make config

k.  sudo service asterisk start

The astDB did not automatically initialize.  i.e. performing the
following commands

Asterisk -rx "database show" produced no output.

IS THERE A WAY TO INITIALIZE THIS DATABASE  WITHOUT HAVING TO INSERT A
FAMILY AND VALUE?

2.        Does any one know of a simple open source switchboard script
that places the caller into a que and gives CALLERID, TIME ON HOLD, and
a way to either forward the call or answer it?  Something I use to
modify and learn how it all works more or less?

Thanks ahead of time.

Miles