[asterisk-users] POSSA CID Superfecta to query a CardDAV server ?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:17:34 CDT 2014

On 02/09/14 09:12, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> On 01/09/14 12:05, Marie Fischer wrote:
>
>> Well, you made me curious - wrote up a little perl script to do a
>> filtered report by phone number. It takes 2-3 seconds to get a
>> response from OSX server (Mavericks). Which sure is shorter then
>> doing a full sync, but still longish. Would be interesting to know
>> how long other servers take.
>
> I can try to time my CardDAV query program (keeping in mind that it
> runs on the same physical segment and subnet as the server)
> (sorry I don't know Perl ;) I'm a Free Pascal user )
> Will come back to that.

OK, alpha results of timing, show actually sending a query and receiving
a response takes ~500 - 800 ms. Total response time for a query 1.3~2.2s max,
if authentication required before query (but authentication request
can be sent by means of some cron sending OPTIONS & cookies every so often,
to avoid session timeout; so counting that out, 500-800ms is what it takes
for the server to answer the query).

>> Now, for CID you would want this to run in your dial plan after the
>> call comes in and before you Dial() your local extension. One
>> ringtone is 5 seconds (1 sec tone, 4 sec silence), so it's actually
>> not too bad (remember those analog caller ID boxes which got the
>> caller ID between first and second ringtone?). Maybe you'd need to
>> send Progress() or Ringing() back to the calling party.
>>

> Hmm ok.
> Let me time it and see the timings.

Keeping in mind this is going to be running on FreePBX 2.11.0.38,
where do I start ;) if I wanted to marry this to CID Superfecta ?
Or should I rather look for how to write my own FreePBX module ?

You've mentioned
'LWP::UserAgent and HTTP::Request and Text::vCard::Addressbook'
which I am going to research a bit.

The fun part would be to make the response from CardDAV into
an URL on which the operator shall click to bring the addressbook
details on screen
(or just call firefox with url given as param that would do already ;) )