[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.5.0 T38 Faxing

Huseyin Kaya huseyinkaya at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 01:24:59 CDT 2014

Hello
We are experiencing some difficulties with T38 faxing.

I have a Asterisk 11.5.0 with libss7 and Sangoma A104DE digital interface card . The operating system is Centos 6

We are using this server to terminate calls to Telco.

So calls are coming to asterisk from sip and we are sending calls to Telco with Dahdi. (It is a one way interconnection only from asterisk to telco ,not from telco to asterisk).

when t38 invite is received asterisk is sending SIP 200 ok with g711u,g711a,g729 codecs in SDP.

 i tried  t38pt_udptl=no and setvar=FAXOPT(gateway)=no but still asterisk is not sending SIP 488 to t38 invite. instead asterisk is sending SIP 200 ok with g711u,g711a,g729 codecs in SDP.

I got traces with TCPDUMP . Although asterisk is not sending SIP 200 with T38 in SDP,  asterisk is sending and receiving T38 messages with remote side and receives t38 fax succesfully.

Any help will be appreciated