[asterisk-users] Query on connecting 3G MSC with Asterisk PBX Server via SIP Interface.

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 07:59:17 CDT 2014

On Tuesday 28 Oct 2014, NACHIAPPAN, SUBBAIAH (SUBBAIAH) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Asterisk forum :).
>
> I have a requirement of terminating  3G Mobile originated calls (coming
> through 3G-MSC)  to EPBX Phones via Asterisk PBX.
>
> Setup:
>
> Mobile  ----> Mobile Switching Center ( 3G)-----SIP interface--->Asterisk
> PBX--->SIP Phone.
>
> I wanted to know if I require SIP licenses to integrate 3G MSC with my
> Asterisk server.

Of course not  :)  SIP is an Open technology, anybody is free to implement it.

Imagine what would have happened to the human race if Ugg the Caveman decided
not to share the secret of making fire with everyone freely, but instead went
around demanding shiny beads with menaces from anyone who just wanted to keep
themselves warm .....

> I know there is a wealth of information in wiki link, but I am unable to
> locate the  required configuration document which will help me in
> integrating MSC with Asterisk EPBX via SIP interface.

You need to contact, in the first instance, the company who are providing your
SIP interface.  They will have the necessary interoperability documents you
require.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .