[asterisk-users] AstriDevCon 2014: Agenda item Deprecate AMI/AGI (Ben Klang)

Paul Albrecht palbrecht at glccom.com
Tue Oct 28 09:58:41 CDT 2014

Not asking for unqualified promises about the future of Asterisk. Simply asking for an acknowledgment of the obvious, that is, Asterisk without the dial plan wouldn’t be Asterisk. The fact that one is not forthcoming raises a red flag with respect to the future of Asterisk. Furthermore, adding “asynchronous AGI”  and ARI/Stasis to Asterisk is similarly a cause for concern since it’s a complete break with the original Asterisk design. Since Asterisk is an open source community supported project, one would expect the consultants/developers pushing these changes would be willing to share their vision with the rest of the Asterisk community.