[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 - zombie processes

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 28 09:53:39 CDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Yaron Nachum <nachum.yaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mathew,
> In the following tutorial it says that channel are marked with ZOMBIE flag.
> From your response I assume it has no connection to my problem.
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+Bridging+Project
>
> Regrading the zombie processes issue we are having. We have debug taken from
> the server during such process is invoked. If you want I can attache it.

A zombie channel has nothing to do with a process. It was an artefact
of an internal process known as a masquerade. While masquerades do
sometimes still occur in Asterisk 12+, they are far less frequent and
are no longer externally visible.

Why do you think you have zombie processes? Asterisk does use a large
number of threads, but generally rarely forks processes unless you are
using something like original AGI.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager