[asterisk-users] res_fax T.38 Gateway with SpanDSP - Force ReINVITE?

Larry Moore lmoore at omninet.net.au
Tue Oct 28 08:55:56 CDT 2014

On 24/10/2014 12:49 AM, Tim Nelson wrote:
> [...]

It would seem for Asterisk 11 and T.38 Gateway work for an IAX channel
you require the following;

IAX2 -> SIP -> T.38 Gateway -> ITSP (SIP)

Where as it would be nicer if it would accept acting as a gateway for an
IAX channel i.e.;

IAX2 - T.38 Gateway -> ITSP (SIP)

If an IAX2 channel is connected directly to a context with
FAXOPT(t38gateway) enabled I see 'ast_rtp_read: RTP Read too short'
messages and a failed transmission, the same is observed if using SIP
with udptl=no instead of IAX2 channel;

SIP (udptl=no) -> T.38 Gateway -> ITSP (SIP).

Not sure if this is by design!

Maybe time for another friendly chat with your ITSP in the hope they can
resolve the issue.

Larry.