[asterisk-users] sip.conf to pjsip.conf conversion script

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:35:29 CDT 2014

Howdy,

I'm trying to get my feet wet with pjsip using the conversion script
mentioned on the Wiki on this page:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Migrating+from+chan_sip+to+res_pjsip

I'm using the copy of the script that's included with Asterisk 13

/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip

I assume I run it from /etc/asterisk with the input and output file as
arguments however there's no instructions and I don't Grok python.

Unfortunately it's not working, Despite what the below error states I do
have a udpbindaddr set to 0.0.0.0  in my configuration.

root at kiniston01:/etc/asterisk#
/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/sip_to_pjsip.py
sip.conf pjsip.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/sip_to_pjsip.py",
line 1158, in <module>
    pjsip, non_mappings = convert(sip, pjsip_filename, dict(), False)
  File
"/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/sip_to_pjsip.py",
line 1090, in convert
    map_transports(sip, pjsip, nmapped)
  File
"/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/sip_to_pjsip.py",
line 817, in map_transports
    create_udp(sip, pjsip, nmapped)
  File
"/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/sip_to_pjsip.py",
line 590, in create_udp
    bind = sip.multi_get('general', ['udpbindaddr', 'bindaddr'])[0]
  File
"/usr/src/asterisk-13.0.0/contrib/scripts/sip_to_pjsip/astconfigparser.py",
line 407, in multi_get
    (key_list, section))
LookupError: keys ['udpbindaddr', 'bindaddr'] not found for section
'general'

I've not turned up anything useful with Google so the mailing list is my
next step.

I can provide my configuration if needed however it is just the stock
sip.conf with a phone and two trunks added at the bottom.

Thanks!
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein