[asterisk-users] Setting Music on Hold with the Manager Interface

Todd R. tjrlist at live.com
Mon Oct 27 10:41:05 CDT 2014

Thanks Matt.
I tried that already, no luck.
Still, I get blank nothingness instead of MOH. I will try again just to be sure I didn't miss something.

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:51:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Setting Music on Hold with the Manager Interface
From: mjordan at digium.com
To: tjrlist at live.com; asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Todd R. <tjrlist at live.com> wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the music on hold class with the Manager Interface in 1.8?
Here is what I am using but I end up just getting no music when I put this in place, when I remove it the default is back.
The classes I am setting work elsewhere just fine.
I did not include the opening of the socket, logging in etc because that's all working fine along with other things I am doing within the same login, socket session. Just trying to add this additional task.
This is from PHP as you may have recognized. I have also tried surrounding musicclass with CHANNEL() but that didn't work and didn't seem right anyhow since it already knows it's a channel variable.
Thanks in advance for any help on this.# Set the Music on Hold
fputs($socket2, "Action: Setvar\r\n");
fputs($socket2, "Channel: ".$channel."\r\n");
fputs($socket2, "Variable: musicclass\r\n");
fputs($socket2, "Value: ".$mohclass."\r\n");

Use the CHANNEL function:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Function_CHANNEL

Action: SetvarChannel: (your channel name here)Variable: CHANNEL(musicclass)Value: (your MoH class here)
--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USACheck us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org