[asterisk-users] DTMF behavior in asterisk 12 with PJSIP

Yaron Nachum nachum.yaron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 03:22:17 CDT 2014

Hello all,
We have recently upgraded some of our services to Asterisk 12 with PJSIP.
We have 2 issues related to DTMF:
1. in the regular SIP channel we had DTMF auto mode, which adapted the DTMF
settings according to the incoming INVITE - RFC2833 or inband. The is no
such settings in PJSIP. Do you know is there is a plan to develop it?
2. When we setup 2 peers, one RFC4733 and the other inband, the asterisk
does not transcode the DTMF signals, therefore DTMF is not working. It used
to work on release 11. This is really bad. Do you know of a solution to
this issue? Maybe some settings?

Thanks,
Yaron.