[asterisk-users] Asterisk Crashes Randomly with Cepstral Swift TTS

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Sun Oct 19 08:02:56 CDT 2014

Hi Bryan,

On 10/18/2014 11:47 PM, Bryan Burroughs wrote:
> All,
>
> Has anyone seen this before? This appears to be a Swift or app_swift
> bug. I'm having a difficult time finding any information or support on this.

I haven't used app_Swift with Cepstral but iirc it wasn't deemed very
stable.

> Asterisk version:
> Asterisk 11.6-cert4 built by asterisk @ ivrd02 on a x86_64 running Linux
> on 2014-08-11 13:55:25 UTC
> OS:
> Linux livrp03 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 3 13:32:45 EST
> 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

If you are not tied to the certified Asterisk version then perhaps try
using the latest Asterisk version (currently 11.13.0).

> When Asterisk crashes, the backtrace always looks something like the
> following:

[snip]

> The "out of bounds" line looks like it may be pointing to the issue.
>
> *argv = {0x0, 0xffffffffffffb9b0 <Address 0xffffffffffffb9b0 out of
> bounds>, 0x0}*

Have you tried contacting the app_swift developer and/or filed a bug at
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa ?

> Should I look into using another TTS engine?

You could try UniMRCP which sits between Asterisk and Cepstral replacing
app_swift: http://unimrcp.org

HTH,
Patrick