[asterisk-users] AMI and CDR(answer)

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Oct 16 10:55:14 CDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Murthy Gandikota <mgandikota at nts.net>
wrote:

> Thanks, Matthew. I think CDR(answer) is, in the end, not very useful to
> me if it changes from context to context. Suppose from AMI we generate a
> status

I'm not sure what you mean by "changes from context to context". The answer
time on a CDR is reflective of when the channel was answered. That can be
altered if you choose to alter it in the dialplan via ForkCDR, but
generally, that time is conveyed from one CDR to another.

A specific example would help here.

> event, what will be the CDR(answer)? I see that sometimes it is returned
> as the literal "Production" instead of a Date/Time or a blank value.

I don't know what you mean here either. What version of Asterisk are you
using? Can you provide an example where you get said literal back, as well
as the dialplan that produces this behavior?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager