[asterisk-users] Asterisk GOIP Outgoing Callerid not working

Stephan Alz stephan008 at gmx.com
Thu Oct 16 02:48:18 CDT 2014

Hello

I have a simple 1 channel goip gateway (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/GoIP).

The incoming and outgoing calls work with Asterisk except the caller ID for the outgoing calls. I think I have exhausted all possible options regarding setting a caller ID and it still doesn't work. The recipients will get "private number". The incomings caller ids are work just fine.

exten => _XXXXXXX.,1,Set(DIAL_NUMBER=...)
exten => _XXXXXXX.,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=...)
exten => _XXXXXXX.,3,Set(CALLERID(name)=...)
exten => _XXXXXXX.,4,Set(CALLERID(all)= “...” <...>)
exten => _XXXXXXX.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@gsm1)

Also there is 1 setting in the Goip device itself to set "SIM Number" which supposed to be the phone number (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/581abf9ffb19bc54aedcf2e6a898643b.jpg), I tried to set that as well it doesn't help. I also tried with and without + country prefixes, none works :(
I tried with Gsm caller ID anonymous enabled and disabled. I saved the config and rebooted the device after any changes just to make it 100% sure it's applied.

Any suggestions are welcome. If anyone have full configs for this hw (outbound/inbound calls + smses) more than welcome to post it. I followed this tutorial:

https://github.com/tangaza/Tangaza/wiki/Connecting-a-GoIP-GSM-VoIP-gateway-to-an-Asterisk-AGI

Thanks!