[asterisk-users] AMI and CDR(answer)

Murthy Gandikota mgandikota at nts.net
Wed Oct 15 15:08:07 CDT 2014

Hi Mathew

The channel was answered. I have a small AGI script that would call the
getFullVariable("${CDR(answer)}") method in Java and print a Date/Time
string. When the AMI connection was on, a sound file is being played on.

May be you can help me in a different way. My goal is to obtain the
Date/Time when the caller was answered using "answer()" in the dialplan.
More specifically, when the NewChannelEvent is generated. I know I can
create a dialplan variable with strftime. But I would rather take
advantage of the built-in readonly Asterisk variables before trying that
route.

I am grateful for your response and would appreciate additional help.

Thanks