[asterisk-users] Do subroutines need their own h extension?

Daniel Gonzalez gonvaled at gonvaled.com
Tue Oct 14 09:57:03 CDT 2014

Hi all,

According to the documentation (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+h+extension):

Be aware: Macros require their own h extension as they do not make use of
the calling context's h extension!

Does this apply to subroutines too? I am unable to find the corresponding
explanation.

If not: what happens when a call is hanged-up during the execution of a
subroutine? Is the h extension in the parent triggered?

And also: what happens if, in a stack of subroutines, each calling
subroutine has an h extension, like this:

sub1,h
  sub2,h
    sub3,h

If we are in sub3 and the call is hanged up, will all h extensions for the
calling stack be triggered?

Thanks and regards,
Daniel Gonzalez