[asterisk-users] Asterisk Phone ( Telecom feature )

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Oct 10 13:26:53 CDT 2014

Please don't top-post.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014, Mitul Limbani wrote:

> Hey Danni,
>
> Having whale client means you ought to ask for paid consulting in first
> place.

After a couple of off-list exchanges, I suspect (no facts) the situation
is this:

She was sold an Asterisk system for one of her clients from an
unscrupulous vendor. When she asked the vendor for support, she was told
'we' (the mailing list) ARE her support.

Thus, it was not entirely unreasonable for her to assume that the support
she had paid for would be familiar with her configuration and would be
eager to provide service since "As vendors you are supposed to be
interested to expand your business area and as I told you we have a huge
database of clients that need such products..." (Actual quote.)

I chalk up the 'rude and non-professional' accusations as 'unmet
expectations' and 'cultural differences.'

Again, no facts in evidence, just my interpretation from the off-list
exchanges. My apologies in advance if I've misinterpreted the situation.

I've copied the parties to the off-list exchanges in case they would care
to clarify my assumptions.

--
Thanks in advance,