[asterisk-users] Asterisk Phone ( Telecom feature )

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Tue Oct 7 15:54:03 CDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 08:37 -0500, Don Kelly wrote:
> JG confirmed that "it" is possible, but "it" has not been defined.
>
> Without knowing what kind of instruments you are using, a possible "it"
> would be for a party to dial a 4-digit extension number to talk to someone
> internally, completing a call without using the PRI trunks.

Indeed, "it" is rather vague.
The intercom I came across the last couple of decades, were simple
analogue-phones, without a dial-pad, with only one button.
If you lift the receiver and press that single button, you'll ring the
other phone. And vice-versa.

That sounds do-able, for any kind of phone connected to Asterisk.
With a wildcard in the dialplan, you can create an truly "any-key" :-)

But the O.P. might expect something else