[asterisk-users] Asterisk removes ice lines in sdp when calling between webrtc clients

Olli Heiskanen ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:16:58 CDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks Matthew for trying to reproduce the problem, I appreciate your
efforts very much.

There must be something off in my setup in one way or another. I could just
discard this server and build a new one, but I think it's not good practice
to leave a problem unsolved, so I'll continue trying to figure this out.
One thing I noticed - don't know if it's relevant or not - due to a repo
mismatch, I had problems with updating libgdiplus and libgdiplus-devel
package, had to disable a repo and reinstall those and my mono installation
(which is making me lose my hair).

Is there a way to debug Asterisk itself? Or find the code that parses the
outbound sdp? I figured there must be an if statement or more that
determines whether or not to parse the ice lines into the sdp body. Finding
that/those statements that produce the kind of sdp I'm seeing Asterisk send
out, might tell something about what's wrong with my setup. As my c is not
exactly fluent I wasn't sure which code files to search, can you guys help
out with that?

cheers,
Olli