[asterisk-users] Voice Mail Questions

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Thu Oct 2 14:29:26 CDT 2014

You can create an extension 456, but change the DIAL string to be
Local/$97 at from-internal

The extension can be any type really, but normally in this case you would
use Custom rather than SIP to avoid creating an actual extension.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Phil Ledon <pledon at lodgetech.com> wrote:

>  We are trying to add voice mail to our hotel rooms. Our current phone
> instruction cards say 'to reach voice mail dial ext 456". Replacing those
> instructions is not feasible at the moment. We have Feature Code *97 that
> takes them directly to their voice mail box. Question - What is an easy
> way to have exten 456 dial *97.
>

>  We are using AsteriskNow distro, version11.
>

>   *Phil Ledon*
>

> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org