[asterisk-users] day night service toggle

JB jb_soft at trink.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 05:51:15 CST 2014

Hello Control,

On Thursday, November 27, 2014, 9:48:30 PM, you wrote:

> I need dialplan to set INCOMING call forwarding during lunch break to my  secretary.
>
> I want that I can set call forwarding by dialing an extension number to  turn it ON or OFF.

There  are  probably  lots  of  ways to do this, and it would be worth
checking  to  see  whether  your  handset  can be programmed to do the
forwarding, which is simpler than setting up a dialplan to handle it.

I pass incoming calls to a mobile phone based on a toggle. There are
three parts to this:

[1] I have a Global Variable (MDIVERT) that holds the current Divert status.
[2] I have an extension (*70) that toggles the value of the Global variable
[3] I have a GotoIf in my incoming call handler that selects different
dial  strings depending on whether the is set or not.

I  added  a  two  voice  prompts  to  announce  the status of MDIVERT.
Dialling  *70  the first time sets the variable and dialling *70 again
unsets it.

[1] Create the Global Variable

[globals]
MDIVERT=0

[2] Toggle the variable.

exten => *70,1,Set(GLOBAL(MDIVERT)=${IF($[ ${MDIVERT} = 1]?0:1)})
exten => *70,n,GotoIf($[ $[ "${MDIVERT}" = "0" ] ]?notset)
exten => *70,n,playback(divertactive)
exten => *70,n,Hangup()
exten => *70,n(notset),playback(divertinactive)
exten => *70,n,Hangup()

[3] GotoIf in call handler

exten => 100,1,GotoIf($["${MDIVERT}" = "1"]?divert) ; check variable
exten => 100,n,Dial(SIP/ManagerPhone,30,ctkx) ;Call your phone
exten => 100,n,Hangup()
exten => 100,n(divert),Dial(SecretaryPhone,30,ctkx)  ;  call Secretary
exten => 100,n,Hangup()

I  have  cut out a lot from the dialplan to give you an idea, but I am
sure   that   others  will  chip in with their ideas and point out the
failings in my approach :-)

Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jb_soft at trink.co.uk