[asterisk-users] Strange Issue: asterisk deleted

Marie Fischer marie at vtl.ee
Wed Nov 26 22:18:19 CST 2014

On 26.11.2014, at 22:08, Antoine Megalla <aatef at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> The asterisk installation went fine but as soon as I start asterisk executable it loads everything and then after the "Ready" line the process gets killed and when I try to run it again i get: /usr/sbin/asterisk : command not found
>>
> I looked for asterisk in /usr/sbin using the commands ls and find and whereis and it was not there.
>
> I know that the process is killed because when I start asterisk using the command asterisk -vvvvc it starts and then it exits and the word killed is wrote on the console.
>
> Ever time I copy a new executable to /usr/sbin either using cp command or make install it gets deleted too.

Interesting problem, I'm quite curious what the cause is.

Are you 100% sure that the asterisk your are running is in /usr/sbin? Try 'which asterisk' to see what your shell is running and/or start asterisk with a full path as /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvc.

You could also try renaming the binary to find out if indeed something kills Asterisk by name.

There's a tool called SystemTap which could give you information which process sent the SIGKILL:
https://sourceware.org/systemtap/
http://www.percona.com/blog/2014/07/18/systemtap-solves-phantom-mysqld-sigterm-sigkill-issue/

--

marie