[asterisk-users] asterisk prompt

Martin Vegter martin.vegter at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 09:44:21 CST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to set up color prompt. In the documentation I have found this:

  %Cn[;n] Change terminal foreground (and optional background) color to
  specified. A full list of colors may be found in include/asterisk/term.h*

But nowhere could I find what format the color code should be. I have
tried all possible permutations, none of them works:

  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[COLOR_BLUE] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr
  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[32;128] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr
  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[32;] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr
  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[;32] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr
  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[;COLOR_CYAN] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr
  ASTERISK_PROMPT="%Cn[32|128] %H: " asterisk -vvvvvvr

can somebody please tell me how to make my asterisk prompt red, for example?

Also, I would like to piggyback a second question:

I am using Asterisk 11.13 on Debian Wheezy. When I am in asterisk CLI, I
can use command history and readline functions such as CTRL+r to search.
But not all functions are available. For example, the alternate mappings
for "page up" and "page down" to search the history do not work. They
work in everything else (bash, mysql, ..)

$ cat /etc/inputrc
"\e[5~": history-search-forward
"\e[6~": history-search-backward

is there a way to make it work in asterisk ?

thanks,
Martin