[asterisk-users] Asterisk13 don't execute h exten inside macros

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:41:29 CST 2014

Alonso,

I can't answer if the 'h' extension inside macros was deprecated but I do
see a change to CDR processing in the Upgrade notes for 13.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+13

"The endbeforehexten
<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Configuration_cdr#Asterisk13Configuration_cdr-general_endbeforehexten>
setting now defaults to yes, instead of no. When set to no, this setting
will cause a new CDR to be generated when a channel enters into hangup
logic (either the 'h' extension or a hangup handler subroutine). In
general, this is not the preferred default: this causes extra CDRs to be
generated for a channel in many common dialplans"

You may want to take a look at Hangup Handlers
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Hangup+Handlers

They work anywhere because they are attached to the channel instead of
being dependent on where the call is inside your dialplan.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Alonso Genis <alonso at planetfone.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are try new Asterisk13 and was noted it don't execute h exten
> priorities inside macros.
>
> We have a macro where we make all our call processing, and we use h exten
> inside it for billing (updating CDR(vars)).
>
> If context where that macro is called have some h extens, asterisk execute
> them. So, I wonder, h exten inside macros was deprecated?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Atenciosamente,
>

>                 Alonso Genis
> Analista de Desenvolvimento
> alonso at planetfone.com.br
>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein