[asterisk-users] Get the status of a PJSIP endpoint?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:33:06 CST 2014

Thanks George, That appears to do what I need and it's easier to call as
well. Win/Win!

It even looks like I can use the same function on my 1.8 boxes so now I can

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM, George Joseph <george.joseph at fairview5.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM, George Joseph <
> george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM, John Kiniston <johnkiniston at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an equivalent to ${SIPPEER(${peer},status)} for PJSIP?
>>>

>> I could swear there was a non-obvious way to get state but I guess it's
>> so non-obvious that I can't find it again.   I'll create one if I can;t
>> find it.
>>

> Oh yeah... It's DEVICE_STATE(PJSIP/endpoint)
>
> Not as non-obvious as I thought.
>

>> The closest I've been able to get is to use AST_SOURCERY to see if they
>>> have a contact
>>>
>>> ${AST_SORCERY(res_pjsip,aor,${peer},contact) but I'm not certain if I'll
>>> still have a contact entry after a phone has gone unreachable?
>>>

>> Yeah, this isn't going to give you current state.
>>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein