[asterisk-users] Function to get mailbox for a PJSIP Endpoint?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 08:55:54 CST 2014

Thank you George, That works.

If anyone is curious here is what I'm doing for my mail checking extension.

exten => *98,1,NoOP()
 same =>     n,Answer()
 same =>     n,Set(ENDPOINT=${CHANNEL(endpoint)}) ; Get the peer
 same =>     n,Set(MAILBOX=${PJSIP_ENDPOINT(${ENDPOINT},mailboxes)})
 same =>     n,ExecIf($[${ISNULL(${MAILBOX})} =
1]?Set(MAILBOX=${AST_SORCERY(res_pjsip,aor,${ENDPOINT},mailboxes)}))
 same =>     n,ExecIf($[${ISNULL(${MAILBOX})} =
0]?VoicemailMain(${MAILBOX},s))
 same =>     n,ExecIf($[${ISNULL(${MAILBOXCONTEXT})} =
0]?VoicemailMain(@${MAILBOXCONTEXT}))
 same =>     n,Playtones(congestion)
 same =>     n,Congestion(8)
 same =>     n,Hangup()

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM, George Joseph <george.joseph at fairview5.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
>
>> John Kiniston wrote:
>>
>>> Here's my config, I am configuring the mailboxes as you see below in the
>>> aor.
>>>
>>> It looked like that was the recommended place to configure it?
>>>

>> There's no recommendation one way or the other really - it depends on
>> what the devices in question are expecting.
>>
>>  If I configure the mailboxes in the Endpoint then the PBX will be
>>> sending unsolicited MWI vs if I configure them in the AOR then my phones
>>> subscribe for MWI Correct?
>>>

>> Correct. Since you are configuring on the AOR there is no current way to
>> grab that information in the dialplan from the AOR.
>>

> Actually you can use the AST_SORCERY dialplan function function to
> retrieve any variable from any PJSIP object.  AST_SORCERY("res_pjsip",
> "aor", "myaor", "mailboxes")
>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein