[asterisk-users] Function to get mailbox for a PJSIP Endpoint?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:29:35 CST 2014

Here's my config, I am configuring the mailboxes as you see below in the
aor.

It looked like that was the recommended place to configure it?

If I configure the mailboxes in the Endpoint then the PBX will be sending
unsolicited MWI vs if I configure them in the AOR then my phones subscribe
for MWI Correct?

[endpoint_nat_g722_internal](!)
type=endpoint
transport=transport-udp-nat
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=g722
allow=ulaw
direct_media=no
rtp_symmetric=yes

[auth_userpass](!)
type=auth
auth_type=userpass

[aor_dynamic](!)
type=aor
qualify_frequency=2000    ; Interval at which to qualify an AoR (default:
"0")
max_contacts=2

[0015652090cf-1]
type=phoneprov
PROFILE=yealink
FIRMWARE=T28v2.72.0.80.rom
MAC=0015652090cf
endpoint=7102
LINE=1
LABEL=7102

[7102](endpoint_nat_g722_internal)
callerid=Yealink <7102>
auth=7102
aors=7102

[7102](auth_userpass)
username=7102
password=YeahRight

[7102](aor_dynamic)
mailboxes=7102 at default

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> John Kiniston wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>

> Kia ora,
>
>  I'm trying to re-write my voicemail check extension.
>>
>> I formerly used the SIPPEER function to get the mailbox for a peer with
>> ${SIPPEER(${peer},mailbox)}
>>
>> Is there a way to do this with PJSIP now that I've converted over?
>>
>> I see a function PJSIP_ENDPOINT and it has a mailboxes subset but I'm
>> not retrieving any data from it when I query it.
>>

> What is your pjsip.conf like for the endpoint and AOR? (Where have you
> configured it). If specified on the AOR then it won't be accessible via
> PJSIP_ENDPOINT and there is not, as of yet, a dialplan function for
> querying for AOR information.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Joshua Colp
> Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
> Check us out at: www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein