[asterisk-users] Hangup Chanel when a peer unregisters

Pat Collins drdialtone at optonline.net
Tue Nov 4 09:11:23 CST 2014

Hello group and thank you for the attention.

I'm using Asterisk 11.12 running on Ubuntu Server 12.04

We have an issue with channels remaining open after a SIP peer unregisters.

It seems that if the peer goes away before manually hanging up a call, the
channel remains open until a hangup request is sent from the CLI.

Is there any way to drop a channel when the peer using it disappears?

Googled every phrase I could think of.  No luck.

Thank you!

Pat Collins