[asterisk-users] Flashing Red Lights in TE420 (5th Gen) Card

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Fri May 30 12:02:32 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Lee, John (Sydney)
<John.Lee at compuware.com> wrote:
> Even without plugging in the ISDN into span 1, all 4 spans are flashing red.

Blinking red led is normal for spans which have been configured, but
are receiving no signal.
I might try plugging up a physical loopback plug to the port to rule
out a bad incoming signal.

> wct4xxp 0000:04:08.0: TE4XXP: Span 1 configured for CCS/HDB3/CRC4
> wct4xxp 0000:04:08.0: Span 2 configured for ESF/B8ZS
> wct4xxp 0000:04:08.0: All spans in alarm : No validspan to source RCLK from

This looks like a normal startup for mixed-mode configuration with
nothing connected to the ports. I might try setting all spans to T1 or
all spans to E1 and plugging one or the other back up to test the
connections.

--
Russ Meyerriecks
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer