[asterisk-users] 'restart when convenient'

Paddy Grice paddy at wizaner.com
Wed May 28 11:38:21 CDT 2014

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Larsen
Sent: 28 May 2014 16:47
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] 'restart when convenient'

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 05/28/2014 10:37:25 AM:

> pbx1*CLI> core restart when convenient
> Waiting for inactivity to perform restart
> Ignoring asterisk restart request, already in progress.
>

> After doing 'core restart now' and hitting Enter really hard ;) Asterisk
> did restart.
>

> Some how Asterisk thinks it is not convenient. I want to find out why.

I haven't had it fail to restart, but I have been in the same situation and
had it have a nice delay of a minute or two before it finally finds it
convenient to restart. Haven't figured out what the delay is though. I am on
11.6.0.

Maybe nothing but I had a similar problem with "... when convenient" - seem
to remember it was a problem writing a cdr using cdr_adaptive_odbc - a
database fault. Asterisk appeared idle but wouldn't close as I guess it
thought something was still active.

Paddy