[asterisk-users] 'restart when convenient'

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Wed May 28 10:37:25 CDT 2014

Quoting D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at Vex.Net):

> > > OP - can you clarify what actual command you are running?
> > I use 'core restart when convenient'.
> Right.  You said "restart when convenient" in your original email.

Sorry for the confusion.
But the problem is not what command i am using, the problem is Asterisk
not restarting and it's obscure to me why it is not restarting.

pbx1*CLI> core show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
1925 calls processed

pbx1*CLI> sccp show devices
[ no devices show 'Act'ivty ]

pbx1*CLI> sip show sessions
[ no active SIP sessions ]

Yet,

pbx1*CLI> core restart when convenient
Waiting for inactivity to perform restart
Ignoring asterisk restart request, already in progress.

After doing 'core restart now' and hitting Enter really hard ;) Asterisk
did restart.

Some how Asterisk thinks it is not convenient. I want to find out why.

-Sndr.