[asterisk-users] 'restart when convenient'

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Wed May 28 05:14:22 CDT 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 12:01:44 +0200
Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk at freshdot.net> wrote:
> Quoting jonathan white (jw at uvacity.com):
>
> > I'm doing a scripted restart by using the asterisk command line to
> > tell me how many active calls are current. If 0 then restart.
>
> For this you use 'core show calls'?  If 0, do you 'core restart now'
> or do you kill and restart Asterisk in any other way?

I run 11.7 and use this: asterisk -x 'core stop gracefully'

That waits until all phones are on hook before stopping.  No need to
run tests that would be subject to race conditions.

However, I don't believe that any of this answers the OP's question.
He says that he is running "restart when convenient" but I don't
believe there is any such command and he probably means what I said
above.  perhaps he can clarify but I think that his question is, "Why
does it think that there are calls in progress when there are not."

OP - can you clarify what actual command you are running?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net