[asterisk-users] issue installing voicemail imap support: imap_tk module missing

Bart Remmerie remmerie at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:09:28 CDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install voicemail-imap support but there seems to be a
missing module:
imap_tk

checking for mandatory modules:  IMAP_TK... fail

configure: ***

configure: *** The IMAP_TK installation appears to be missing or broken.

configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure

configure: *** including --without-imap.

My configuration
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r413595

These are the steps I followed:

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libpam0g-dev
cd ~/src/asterisk-complete
mkdir third party
cd third party
wget ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z $ tar zxvf imap.tar.Z
cd imap-2007e
make lnp EXTRACFLAGS="-fPIC -I/usr/include/openssl" IP6=4
cd ~/src/asterisk-complete/asterisk/11
./configure --with-imap=~/src/asterisk-complete/thirdparty/imap-2007e/

This is where I get the error message about the missing imap_tk module.

in menuselect, imap_tk is mentioned as a dependency, but I can't seem to
find it anywhere or activate it somewhere.

Any similar experiences, any hints, any solutions on how to find the
imap_tk module, or can the dependency be removed ??

Thanks & regards,

Bart