[asterisk-users] new install: no re-invite and unwanted transcoding

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Wed May 14 09:57:26 CDT 2014

Inband audio, such as ringing, busy, intercept, silence, etc require transcoding.   We solved the issue on our Asterisk installs by purchasing a hardware transcoding card (for G729, but the card supports several codecs in hardware.     In my experience transcoding happens, accept it and move forward.