[asterisk-users] caller id setting on channel originate

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri May 9 10:24:40 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Pawel Pastuszak <pawelpastuszak at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am trying to make a data channel using ISDN and i need to set the caller
> id num field.
>
> Can any body tell me how i can set the caller id field since i notice in
> chan_dahdi.conf callerid field doesn't work with channel originate.

Use call files or the AMI Originate action.  You can set the caller id
using those methods.  The
CLI "channel originate" command does not have way to set the caller id.
You should not be
using CLI commands unless you don't have any other means to do what you
want since CLI
commands are generally intended for human interaction with Asterisk.

Richard