[asterisk-users] asterisk12.2.0 PJSIP2.2.0 codec translation problem

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed May 7 05:36:22 CDT 2014

Rainer Piper wrote:
> perhaps a silly question ...
>
> if a channel switches from simple_bridge to native_bridge ... is the
> channel switching to direct_media between the endpoints ?
>
> if so, why doesn't turn direct_media = no and
> disable_direct_media_on_nat = yes switching to native_bridge off ?

The bridge_native_rtp module can actually "native bridge" in two ways:

1. Media directly between both sides
2. Media within the RTP stack

Even with NAT #2 can still operate fine as media still goes through
Asterisk, just not as much.

As for your issue I would suggest you get a complete console log output
with debug and create an issue[1] as this sounds like a bug.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

--
Joshua Colp