[asterisk-users] Reload problems with 1.8.27 and 11.9.0 - Someone else ?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu May 1 09:28:32 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net>wrote:

> Le 30/04/2014 15:19, Matthew Jordan a écrit :
>

>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net<mailto:
>> admin at tootai.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     Please, people from Digium, Matt again closed the new bug
>>     ASTERISK-23689 I opened (clone from 23683) telling that it's not a
>>     bug. Did he carefully read the comments on the new bug? If not,
>>     please forward him this email, *it's* a bug or you have to explain
>>     me why it is not!
>>

>> I asked you not to clone and issues and to take your issue to the mailing
>> list (which you did, thank-you). Cloning issues makes a mess of the issue
>> tracker, and causes information to get lost.
>>
>> If your issue is deemed to be a bug, the original issue will get
>> re-opened.
>>

> I cloned the issue as it is a bug and I could explain how to reproduce it.
> If I shouldn't clone the bug, please explain me how to do to inform
> developpers about new informations concerning a closed bug.
>
> That say, sorry for inconvenience.

1. Bug marshals watch the asterisk-bugs mailing list. All updates to all
issues in JIRA get sent to that mailing list - even comments on closed
issues.
2. Bug marshals also hang out in the #asterisk-bugs IRC channel. You can
talk to a bug marshal in that channel as well.
3. Finally, we all watch the mailing lists (pretty much all of the mailing
lists, no less).

This is all documented on the Asterisk wiki's [1] Asterisk Issue
Guidelines. There's even a checkbox when you file an issue that asks if you
read the guidelines... you did read them, right? :-)

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Issue+Guidelines#AsteriskIssueGuidelines-Submittingthebugreport

--
Matthew Jordan