[asterisk-users] Create new channel from dialplan

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:23:16 CDT 2014

I'm not sure exactly what your use case is, but you could execute a Dial()
and use the "M" option to execute a Macro (or "U" to execute a gosub).
>From there, the call routes into the macro/subroutine, and you can process
away.  After all of that is completed in the macro/subroutine, you can set
"MACRO_RESULT" or "GOSUB_RESULT" (depending on which you used) to
"CONTINUE", so your dialplan continues after everything is complete (or, if
you finish everything within the routine, just let it end there).

Josh