[asterisk-users] IAXModem or T38Modem?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Mar 31 05:39:25 CDT 2014

>>>>> "j" == joakimsen  <joakimsen at gmail.com> writes:

j> I wouldn't mind if someone posted on the list a known working provider
j> with the proper configuration to use T.38. In my case I don't consider
j> it an issue with the provider because they sent the proper T.38
j> Invite, but Asterisk IMO does not know how to handle it.

Are you using a single credential-tuple with the provider?

If the provider supports T.38 and if you can separate out fax lines,
there is no need to stick asterisk between them and t38modem.  Just have
t38modem access the provider directly.  Hylafax will handle the rest.

(Look for things like sub-account, peer and/or trunk configs.)

-JimC