[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI Banner

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 28 13:39:29 CDT 2014

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014, Richard Kenner wrote:

> And this certainly may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.  For a
> (quite dated at this point) discussion of this issue from a US
> perspective, see
>
> http://www.law.berkeley.edu/php-programs/faculty/facultyPubsPDF.php?facID=346&pubID=157

The publication (43 pages) is dated 1988. The DMCA (1998) and subsequent
legislation may have changed the landscape.

My (ignorant) opinion -- just don't. Is it worth the effort to research?
Is it worth paying a lawyer to research it and give an opinion that may be
worth nothing until it is examined in court?

If you want to display something custom, how about a 'wrapper' script that
displays a file using 'curl' before handing off to Asterisk -- easier to
implement, easier to maintain, no legal BS to consider.

Or can you express your creativity by fiddling with ASTERISK_PROMPT?

--
Thanks in advance,